Created a rig to hold up the sheet metal so I can paint both sides at once. Just some magnets, duct tape, wood, and screws. Good enough.

The other post for the sake of completeness.

The other side of the rig. You can't see the line scribed for the edge that I will not paint to expoxy this strip together.

Some of gunk I cleaned off. I used acetone to clean the surface.

I need to rough up the surface to get good adhesion with the primer.

Shiny to not so shiny. I'm getting old because this is just a little bit tiring.

Yep, metal dust and such. I guess I should take care of that. Back to more acetone.

Ready to get some self-etching primer applied to it.

The other side, with the strip taped off that will get epoxy.

Back to overview.